Tea with Rosetta Miller-Perry

If I could have tea with anyone today, it would be Rosetta Miller-Perry, publisher of the Tennessee Tribune in Nashville, TN.

She is the first African American female publisher in the state of Tennessee. She started the newspaper 23 years ago to provide more news about the good things going on in the black community.

Last week, she celebrated her 80th birthday, being named the National Newspaper Publishers Association publisher of the year and the announcement of her induction into the YWCA Women of Achievement.

Wow.

She has received numerous awards from various organizations for her work over the years, for standing up against wrongs.

I would pour her a cup of Endurance tea today and sit and savor the tea for a short while. I'd ask her to tell me how she does it. From where does she draw her energy? Why does she continue? Does she ever get tired?

I'm hoping what she shares keeps me inspired.

And if she has a few more minutes, I'd pour a cup of Empowerment tea. Mrs. Miller-Perry keeps developing her vision for the paper, for the community and her family each day. Nothing stops her. I want to be unstoppable too.