Tea with Mo'ne Davis

If I could have tea with anyone today, it would be Philadelphia Little League player Mo'ne Davis.

I would pour her a cup of Inspiration tea.

Yes, her team lost to Las Vegas and then Chicago. But her calmness under pressure when pitching was an inspiration to girls everywhere.  When the 13-year old was asked what was best about playing, she said "striking out boys."

It was refreshing to see a young teenager handle herself  so well with the sudden celebrity. And young girls everywhere were excited to see her play. And adult  women are predicting she'll be shattering glass ceilings.

I know she hated to lose but I'd remind her how far she had come.

And after sipping and savoring the tea, we'd have a few sandwiches. After all, a growing girl needs her energy.

And then I'd suggest that we drink a cup of Empowerment tea. After leading her team to the playoffs, Mo'ne Davis can do anything. Ain't no stopping you now.